How to Change My Username On Facebook 2019

Lots of people produced a Facebook account about a decade earlier when it appeared onto the social networks scene.

For me, that was my freshman year of high school. Versus my parents' wishes, I had gotten on Myspace for regarding a year or two (Mom and Dad if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook began challenging Myspace as the social media network to be on, I didn't want to lose out on the action.

So I rapidly developed an account while my moms and dads were asleep one night.

As you can picture, freshman-year Holly was not my finest self. Premature, troubled, as well as a little odd, I produced a username that was fantastic for me at the time. Not so fantastic currently as a young expert.

If you're like me as well as produced a Facebook at a relatively young age, you're most likely in the very same watercraft. Never ever fear, your Facebook username can be transformed.

How To Change My Username On Facebook



The thing is, your username does not appear huge on your profile or anything. Fortunately. But it does look like part of your Facebook web page URL. That by itself makes it worthwhile to transform to something more appropriate.

Fortunately, it's fairly straightforward! Adhere to along and I'll reveal you how.

Action 1: Log in to Facebook.

Visit to your Facebook account. This is the e-mail that you utilized to create your account and your Facebook password. If you likewise created your Facebook page a years back, you may utilize a now-defunct e-mail to sign in. I understand I do. There's a simple means to upgrade that while altering your URL, which I'll enter into later on.

Step 2: Browse to Setups.

When you efficiently log in, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Pictures of your good friends' involvements and children and also intoxicated nights out will certainly occupy your screen. Maybe you'll even spot some new Facebook 3D pictures.

Seek to the top of the web page where heaven banner is. To the extremely right, you'll see a tiny arrowhead directing down. Click that to open the drop-down menu. From there, click on Settings, which is second from the bottom.

Change Facebook Username


Step 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Settings page that you're currently on, check out the second option from the top. It's your username! Click on the pencil symbol to the right of it to change your username and LINK.

Since there are 2.23 billion month-to-month energetic Facebook users around, it might be hard to come up with a special username. Facebook will let you understand if the username is available or otherwise when you type it in.

Change Facebook Username



When you find an offered username, click Save.

Now you have a new Facebook username as well as Facebook URL!

Keep in mind: As I mentioned above, if you are making use of an out-of-date e-mail, this is likewise the place you can alter that! Directly listed below username is an area called Call, where you can upgrade your e-mail address to whatever you currently make use of.

Tip 4: Examine Facebook LINK.

To examine that your changes have conserved, navigate to your Facebook profile. You can do this by clicking your name located in the leading right edge.

Once on your account, look at the URL. It must be your brand-new one!

Appreciate your new Facebook username.

Now you no longer have to live under whatever tag your high-school-self produced. Your username and LINK mirror you as the person you are currently!