How to Change My Username In Facebook 2019

Many individuals created a Facebook account concerning a years earlier when it erupted onto the social media sites scene.

For me, that was my freshman year of secondary school. Versus my moms and dads' dreams, I had actually gotten on Myspace for regarding a year approximately (Mom and Dad if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook began testing Myspace as the social networks network to be on, I really did not wish to lose out on the action.

So I rapidly developed an account while my moms and dads were asleep one night.

As you can imagine, freshman-year Holly was not my best self. Immature, troubled, and also a little unusual, I developed a username that was terrific for me at the time. Not so great currently as a young expert.

If you resemble me and produced a Facebook at a fairly young age, you're most likely in the same boat. Never ever fear, your Facebook username can be altered.

How To Change My Username In Facebook



The important things is, your username doesn't appear big on your account or anything. Thankfully. Yet it does appear as part of your Facebook page LINK. That by itself makes it rewarding to alter to something more appropriate.

The good news is, it's rather easy! Adhere to along and also I'll show you exactly how.

Step 1: Log in to Facebook.

Visit to your Facebook account. This is the email that you used to develop your account and also your Facebook password. If you additionally produced your Facebook page a decade back, you might make use of a now-defunct e-mail to check in. I understand I do. There's an easy way to update that while transforming your LINK, which I'll get into later on.

Action 2: Navigate to Settings.

When you successfully log in, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Images of your pals' involvements and infants as well as drunken evenings out will occupy your screen. Possibly you'll even identify some new Facebook 3D images.

Aim to the top of the page where heaven banner is. To the really right, you'll see a small arrowhead directing down. Click that to open the drop-down menu. From there, click on Settings, which is second from the bottom.

Change Facebook Username


Step 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Setups page that you're currently on, look at the 2nd choice from the top. It's your username! Click on the pencil symbol to the right of it to alter your username and also URL.

Now that there are 2.23 billion monthly energetic Facebook individuals around, it could be challenging ahead up with an one-of-a-kind username. Facebook will certainly let you understand if the username is offered or not when you type it in.

Change Facebook Username



As soon as you discover an available username, click Save.

Now you have a new Facebook username as well as Facebook LINK!

Keep in mind: As I discussed above, if you are making use of an obsolete e-mail, this is additionally the location you can transform that! Directly below username is a field called Get in touch with, where you can update your email address to whatever you currently utilize.

Step 4: Check Facebook LINK.

To check that your adjustments have actually saved, navigate to your Facebook profile. You can do this by clicking your name situated in the leading right edge.

Once on your account, check out the URL. It must be your brand-new one!

Appreciate your new Facebook username.

Now you no more have to live under whatever tag your high-school-self developed. Your username and also LINK mirror you as the individual you are now!